Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Remember, there are always other fish in the sea. Not as pretty, nor as rich, but fish nonetheless." - Ancient Cookie Wisdom

Every once in awhile I get totally obsessed with baked goods. Don't ask me what causes it, I don't know. But this week, the objects of my desire definitely seems to be the fortune cookie. Partially it's because I keep getting dragged to the Dragon Buffet during lunch where I've been o.d.ing on them lately, but it's also because they're really yummy with tea (which I drink a lot of) and they're really simple in design... but I think the main reason is I often find myself thinking that my sage waitress is watching me during lunch while I eat to ascertain my true nature and then she quickly writes up a personalized message and sticks it into the fortune cookie just for me. Like this one:
Among the lucky, you are the chosen one
I mean, that's creepy, isn't it?!?

Though sometimes I get a snooty one, and I really don't appreciate the tone:
Do not let ambitions overshadow small success
Small success? Listen, sweetie cakes, you don't know who you're talking to. Nobody puts Baby in the corner, nobody.

Am I the only nutter out there who can't stop thinking about CFCs? I hope not. I'm going to have to do a little more research and find some blogs that specialize in this particular fetish. Oh, and don't forget to click on the oracle below who will enlighten you with your fortune for the day.

Here's one good site you can check out about the history of fortune cookies, and of course, as always, the best place to start for all facts is wiki. Who would have thought that the CFC was invented in California? No wonder I like them so much!

No comments: